Viral Transport Media (VTM), Swabs, and other Supplies
COVID-19 Specimen Collection Supplies
Bartels FlexTrans™ Medium
The Bartels FlexTrans™ Transport Medium is intended to stabilize viruses, and suppress microbial contamination during transport of clinical specimens from the point of collection to the testing site.
- FDA 510(k) cleared
- 3mL of transport medium in a 15mL conical centrifuge tube allowing specimen collection, transport and processing in the same container.
- The transport tube also contains glass beads to aid in the disruption of patient cells in the specimen, with subsequent release of viruses into the medium.
- Prior to use, store at room temperature, 2-8ºC or -70ºC. The expiration dating on the vial applies to each storage temperature. The antifungal agent present in the FlexTrans™ kit may be light sensitive. It is recommended that the tubes are stored in the box or in the dark.
- Manufactured in USA
Ultra-Thin Nasal & Nasopharyngeal Specimen Collection Swab
Ultra-Thin Innovative nylon Nasal Flocked Swabs for lab professionals conducting specimen collection.
- Product # NCS4001
- Inner diameter swab’s loop is 1.50mm
- Diameter cross section of the loop frame 0.12mm
- Length of the flocking fiber is 2.0mm
- Fineness of the flocking fiber is 6.67dtex
- Fiber density is 300µg/mm
- Absorbing capacity of 165µL
- Break point 80mm
- Sterile Ultra-Thin for Nasal & Nasopharyngeal specimen collection
- Ergonomic and anatomic design of the swab tip improves patient comfort and optimum specimen collection with each strand of fiber being a velvet-like brush creating thousands of collection points and rapid release into media
- Compatible with rapids, EIA, molecular, DFA, cytology, bacteriology and viral culture applications
- Safe and convenient breakpoint for Handling and Transportation
- ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) Shaft and 100% Nylon Tip
- Individually packaged in Paper peel pouch for easy removal for use
- Pre-molded break point to easily break the handle leaving the collection portion in the media tube before sealing the media tube
- For use with majority of media tubes and “BARTELS FLEX TRANSTM” media collection kit